Monday, January 28, 2008

Nurse the Hate: Hate Fake Grief




The way people are carrying on about Heath Ledger’s drug overdose death, you’d think The Pope just died. Did I miss something? Wasn’t Heath Ledger a guy that pretended to be other people in some pretty iffy movies? I don’t want to be cold, but we all managed to get past The Tragic Death of Rivers Phoenix. Maybe, just maybe, we’ll all pull through this thing if we just lean on one another.

My favorite part of this never ending coverage has been the celebrity reactions. It’s like there’s this belief that all celebrities know each other. What, do they get together for regular weekly meetings in a secret location? Jennifer Lopez, Hannah Montana, and Gilbert Gottfreid are probably there right now discussing problems with their housekeepers while enjoying a cup of jasmine tea and a croissant.

Jack Nicholson gave his best acting performance in 15 years when reporters asked him how he felt about The Tragic Death of Heath Ledger. Hell, you just know those guys were tight. Didn’t Heath always sit next to him at Laker games? They used to grill out on weekends too I’ll bet. The best part of the Nicholson connection is they both played The Joker in one of those awful Batman movies. The new theory is that Heath had to get to a “very dark place” to play The Joker in the upcoming Batman movie. Hey, I don’t remember Cesar Romero killing himself on pills because he played The Joker on TV. I think I was the Joker one year at Halloween, and I somehow pulled out of the mental vortex that is The Joker. A couple trick or treat “fun size” Snickers bars will do that for ya…

It’s terrible that he died like a junkie and left his kids fatherless. But he’s not a victim. He’s the one that decided it was a good idea to mix up a bunch of pills, booze, coke, and God knows what else. He was not a “great artist”. He was just some good looking guy that made a ton of money pretending to be someone else on camera in some crappy movies. I have hope that the nation’s priorities will get back in line soon. Hopefully everyone will forget about this circus in about three weeks and put the focus back where it should be…that kook Tom Cruise.

4 Comments:

At January 30, 2008 at 8:37:00 PM EST , Blogger ScottyJ said...

Tell it, brother!

 
At March 21, 2008 at 12:54:00 AM EDT , Blogger Missy said...

Typical homophobic response.

 
At April 16, 2008 at 1:03:00 AM EDT , Blogger jfla said...

You are a very respectable person I see...

 
At July 26, 2008 at 8:58:00 AM EDT , Blogger TurtleDove said...

I didn't have a television when he died so maybe I didn't get the overload, But I was genuinely shocked and sad when he died. I really liked what he did with Ennis in Brokeback, and he generally seemed like a beautiful guy, from what I could tell. The majority of his movies were bad, but he was in his early twenties.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home