Saturday, May 5, 2007

Nurse the Hate: Cinco de Mayo

Today is laying out as one of the greatest days possible. In order, here's what we're looking at:

1) The Kentucky Derby: Who is going to win? Hell, I don't know. There's 20 frickin' horses! Anyone can win! But, it's always good to have some action down on the race to help with the taste of those sickly sweet mint jelups. Box up a trifecta with a couple favorites and a live underdog and see what happens. I hit one of those a few years ago for $700, and I don't know anything.

2) Southern Culture on the Skids: The always reliable SCOTS makes a stop at The Beachland on their Countrypolitan tour. Is there any better way to spend an evening than whipping chicken at twisting girls and a masked Mexican wrestler on stage? I think the Lords of the Highway are on the bill too as we turned it down due to my having to go to a wedding. But that's not going to get in the way of my enjoying...

3) DeLaHoya v. Mayweather: The Golden Boy is living on borrowed time as he has looked slow and old in his last four fights. Mayweather is the real deal, and as long as he doesn't get suckered into trading punches, I don't think Oscar can hit him. Granted, that' a big "if". If Mayweather tries to do what he did in the early rounds with Zab Judah, Oscar can knock him out. I don't think that will happen though. I think Floyd is going to drop a long methodical beatdown on DeLaHoya over 12 rounds. DeLaHoya should have taken a loss to Sturm, and he's 7-4 in his last 11 fights. Get on Mayweather to win baby, and enjoy...

4) Cinco de Mayo: To quote Cake, "I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo, I'm not too sure what it's all about". What I do know is there's going to be plenty of Tecate specials all over town.

Random Notes: I just read Cormac McCarthy's "The Road". Now there's a book that'll screw your head up. I don't know if there's a better writer alive right now. His work will be analyzed for generations to come...I can't believe there's enough comic book geeks to support a $500 million dollar Spiderman 3. What a waste of time and money...When I hear the Riverboat Gamblers "Rattle Me Bones", I feel like lighting my car on fire and driving it through a plate glass window of a china shop just so I can participate in the glorious noise blasting out of my speakers...You want a winner today? Stay on Roy Halladay and the Blue Jays. That guy is my personal ATM machine...If you ever see a 1996 Lynch Bages, I would buy it. That wine was awesome. Balanced fruit up front with the earthy texture that is unmistakeably Pauillac. If that wine was an album, it would be The Beatles "Revolver".

1 Comments:

At May 6, 2007 at 12:13:00 PM EDT , Blogger Greg Miller said...

Halladay got hit around like a little leaguer yesterday. Hey, but that Mayweather fight went down just like I said it would so don't be too hard on me.

Keep your eyes on this new kid the Giants are rolling out tonight on ESPN vs the Phillies. He's considered the #1 prospect in baseball, allowed 12 hits in 32 innings, and has a 0.29 ERA in AAA. They're going off as dogs too...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home