Sunday, March 21, 2010

Nurse the Hate: Hate the Stone Cold Lock Part 2



If I were you I'd get ready to hear a bunch of chumps talk about how their $5 bracket went up in flames with that Kansas loss last night. Those of us in the know were already lighting up cigars with twenty dollar bills thanks to our good friends at Villanova flaming out as scheduled. Thank you Wildcats, thank you. But there is no time to gloat over our good fortune. Now is the time when the savvy gambler steps up and looks for further opportunity.

A lot of folks are very excited about Cornell, and their shitty little Ivy League title. I am not one of these people. When I think of Cornell, I think of a legion of Wall Street criminals, self satisfied scholars, and Volvo driving worthless executives in waiting. I want them to lose in horrible fashion on national television and slink back to their frosty cave in Upstate NY. This will happen today when they are outclassed by Wisconsin. Take Wisconsin minus the 4.5 points. This is the strongest play of the day in my opinion.

I am backing West Virginia in the tournament as I have a soft spot in my heart for this dysfunctional state. West Virginia has Jesco White and Hasil Adkins. Missouri has Branson. Enough said. Missouri looks like the classic speed bump game for a real good WVU team. Missouri have lost 3 of their last 5 outright and 4 of their last 5 ATS. The other key? None of those teams were nearly the caliber of West Virginia. Take West Virginia -5.5.

I am taking Xavier in a pick 'em over Pittsburgh. I don't really have a reason to do so. Xavier is 0-5 against teams in the top 20. I just have a get feeling that Xavier will make the Sweet 16 once again. Pitt has that fog of doom surrounding them. Something about them doesn't seem right to me. It's like that 20 foot jumper at the buzzer already clanged off the rim, and guys in Panthers jerseys have already pulled the shirts over their heads in grief. As we know, I am able to foresee this sort of thing with 70% regularity, so jump on board with me. What could possibly go wrong?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home