Sunday, January 6, 2013

Nurse the Hate: Hate The Colts



Yesterday was a disaster, exactly as I knew it would be from the outset.  To bet on the Cincinnati Bengals is about as foolhardy an action as one can be involved with this time of year.  There are people right now juggling knives and axes that are saying to themselves, "Why would anyone want to do something as stupid as that?".  I cannot explain it.  It was something that was going to happen, and I was just along for the ride.

The good news is that I now have my wits about me once again.  I have retaken control over my decisions.  I am very confident about many of the events that are about to unfold in front of me.  I was actually very confident about the events that unfolded yesterday.  I just couldn't prevent myself from being on the wrong side of them.  It was like being strapped into a roller coaster where the tracks ended in a brick wall, yet enthusiastically buying a ticket and boarding the train.  It must be how one feels being wheeled in for an operation that you know is doomed to failure.  Strapped onto the gurney, pushed towards a horrible fate, unable to do a thing about what is going to happen to you...

Today the Baltimore Ravens are going to beat the Colts.  The Ravens aren't that good, but it won't matter.  This Colt team is a mirage.  The Colts may have won a shitload of games down the stretch, but those were against shaky competition.  Winning a close game against Buffalo or Tennessee is not nearly the same thing as walking into Baltimore and beating the Ravens in the Playoffs.  I would be stunned if the Colts win this game.  This is in no way an endorsement of a fundamentally flawed Ravens team, but rather the cold logical view of a "feel good" Colt team that will plummet back to earth with a thud in just a few hours.

I am going to be very bold today and make up the lost ground I had with the Cincinnati disaster yesterday.  While these are dangerous actions, let me remind you, these are dangerous times.  I am going to confidently take Baltimore -7.5 and tease Baltimore -1.5/over 40.  I think the Ravens drop 30 on the Colts today easy.  I think we will see a lot of those shots of the dismayed Colt bench, rhetoric about how "Andrew Luck has a bright future in this league", and tight shots of the sick coach as the 4th quarter winds down.  I would also like to remind you that I clearly have no idea what I am talking about...

The Seattle/Washington game is a Hall of Mirrors.  I pray I don't have to chase that game late, because I will be ALL IN on what is essentially a coin flip.  If that happens, I'm taking Washington at home with the belief that all this bandwagon jumping on Seattle is a fool's game.  I really hope I don't have to do that though...

Current Record Vs Spread:  15-15-1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home