Saturday, November 15, 2014

Nurse the Hate: Hate the NFL Week 11 2014



I am all in on the Packers.  Good God did they kick the fuck out of the Bears. When a team is able to run up a 42-0 halftime score on anyone in the NFL, it seems reasonable to assume that this team is clicking.  I don't see any reason why they don't cover six points from the wildly overrated Eagles.  Mark Sanchez played well last week, but I think it is too much to expect him to win a shoot out with Aaron Rogers.  This game will have all sorts of hype about being a playoff preview, but from what I  am seeing in Green Bay right now I am laying on the Pack until something goes wrong.  Green Bay -6.

Carson Palmer is the luckiest unlucky guy on the planet.  Things were going well for him in Arizona.  He signs a $50 million contract extension. Three days later he gets his knee blown out (again) and he is hobbling around wearing a visor until Independence Day.  Well, I'll bet the money helps ease the sting...

So now the narrative is that Arizona is doomed because their backup QB is at the helm.  Bulletin.  Drew Stanton has played well when called upon and actually outplayed Palmer in preseason.  I don't think the drop off will be that dramatic for a team that has won 14 of their last 17 games.  If I lived in Phoenix I would drive a white car with great A/C, learn to play golf, have uncomfortable conversations with Alice Cooper, and score Cardinals playoff tickets.  AZ +1 at home over the Lions.

This Patriots v Colts game seems like a sucker bet.  Giving the Patriots points after giving The Hoodie extra time to prepare a defense for a young team can't be right.  This really seem like one of those tricks Vegas does to get my money.  "Let's give The Rubes New England with points!  After that Denver ass kicking they will all line up to give us their paychecks!  Hahahaha!  Gimme a cigar and a scotch!"  I can't stop myself though.  I am doing it. New England +2.5.

Season Record:  14-10-1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home