Thursday, July 21, 2016

Nurse the Hate: Hate the RNC




Tomorrow the various creeps, clowns and hangers-on that made up the Republican National Convention will pick up their tents and move their Circus of Lies to a new town.  In what was the biggest let down ever, I was under the impression that our city would be left a smoldering ruin after armies of protesters viciously attacked anything in sight.  There were no beatings with batons.  How disappointing.  All the news outlets had geared up for "Kaos in Kleveland".  Instead I saw mostly rational people bow at the throne of celebrity and preen for photos with essentially despicable human beings like Bill O’Reilly and Ted Cruz while cruising around agog looking for free drinks at the various TV studio sets.  America used to care about ideas and vision.  Now it cares about celebrity.  A clearly incompetent man has just taken one step closer to the highest office and people are no more alarmed than if they were discussing a reality TV show.  The lack of people in the streets demonstrates the level of malaise and indifference.    

Let me take a moment to point out this is not an endorsement of Hillary Clinton, who is obviously shallow, corrupt, and conniving.  It has become impossible to point out something obvious like “Donald Trump is a dangerous narcissist that has no concrete plans” without immediately denigrating into finger pointing from the other team.  “Oh yeah???  Well Obama and Hillary blah blah blah blah…”  The political landscape is not one of reasonable debate of ideas but entrenched camps that will defend their side to the death no matter how illogical the point.  I have one side in this, my side.  Donald Trump and his posse of con men goons have somehow convinced uneducated white guys that they will magically go back to the romanticized early 60s when white men ruled the earth.  It was a simpler time when women and negroes knew their place.  Please note that by the “early 60s” I mean 1860s not 1960s.  It’s a new low.  Nothing matters.  Lies are simply “hyperbole”.  Facts are flexible and can be conveniently discarded.  What disturbs me are the number of people that have bought in.  It’s eye opening.  This country is an ugly place.

I am not on board with the Hillary team either.  I can’t imagine posting a Hillary sign in my yard.  I do notice that she does appear to know how government works and the complexities of issues though.  The idea that people immediately disqualify her because they don’t like her personally and will vote for the incompetent guy is mystifying to me.  We have all had bosses we didn’t like that we begrudgingly admitted that knew how to perform their job.  We didn’t say “Well, that Susan is a real cunt so let’s have that unhinged guy in shipping run the company instead.”  We know that can only end in disaster, so for our collective good we let “that cunt Susan” have her run at the top.  Will it be awesome?  Nope.  Will we keep the company running?  Yes.

The other great argument is that oldie but goodie from the George W. days of “Though he isn’t smart, he will surround himself with smart people.”.  That sure worked out well in looking at the Middle East right now.  Let me throw this out there…  What if we just elected a smart person that then surrounded themselves with smart people?  Is it just me or does that make more sense?  Why on earth does it make sense to have someone that doesn’t know what they are doing at the top?  It’s like if Apple put a 12 year old at CEO.  “Bobby?  We need to move ahead on this new technology for the iPhone 8…”  Noooooo!!!!!  I want us to make a ray gun!  Pow!  Pow!  Pow!  “Yes sir.”

Once again, I’m not putting a Hillary sticker on my car.  Don't get confused.  This is about Trump.  The issue is that Trump is dangerously unqualified.  I am not getting on board with a guy that is Dick Nixon + Benito Mussolini + Vince McMahon.  I know how that story ends up.  This isn’t a TV show.  This is real.  I just hope there are enough logical people out there that realize this scam too.  I don’t want to have to be the guy walking around a couple years from now in a post apocalyptic landscape sucking the marrow from children’s bones saying to their parents “I told you so!”.  I will though.  I’m like that.
 
 


8 Comments:

At July 21, 2016 at 5:43:00 PM EDT , Blogger vfh159 said...

You and me both. Gotta say though, although there's very little I enjoy more than a good I told you so, this one will suck. I fear for my golden years and pine for my salad days of the 90s.

 
At July 21, 2016 at 6:42:00 PM EDT , Blogger Greg Miller said...

It's a lose/lose election. It's about not allowing the Republic to crumble.

 
At July 21, 2016 at 6:56:00 PM EDT , Blogger j said...

bummed me out reading this. I'm a huge supporter of using pew, pew, pew, for raygun sound effects.

 
At July 21, 2016 at 7:37:00 PM EDT , Blogger Greg Miller said...

It's a new age

 
At July 22, 2016 at 11:23:00 AM EDT , Blogger Gary Young said...

I'm in the front end of the Benny Hill DVD box set. It's how I have learned to cope with all this. Luckily there are a lot of episodes to keep me distracted.

 
At July 22, 2016 at 11:41:00 AM EDT , Blogger Frank said...

So far we have a 100% survival success rate with each and every one of the morons that have "run" This country. We'll survive these goons too. I've never really found them to have much whatever to do with my life. They really don't even exist. At least to me. I gave up on all that shit quite a few years ago and simply tend to my garden now. Which is the only thing that exists. All the restate is made up garbage meant to distract and control us, like the slaves that we are. And we are.

 
At July 22, 2016 at 2:49:00 PM EDT , Blogger Greg Miller said...

So we have that going for us... It is so depressing that this is the best we can do. I need to get to my garden now...

 
At July 22, 2016 at 4:43:00 PM EDT , Blogger Frank said...

So far we have a 100% survival success rate with each and every one of the morons that have "run" This country. We'll survive these goons too. I've never really found them to have much whatever to do with my life. They really don't even exist. At least to me. I gave up on all that shit quite a few years ago and simply tend to my garden now. Which is the only thing that exists. All the restate is made up garbage meant to distract and control us, like the slaves that we are. And we are.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home