Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Nurse the Hate: Triumph at Hilton


When I decide to do something, I NEVER give up.  I strongly suggest to anyone reading this to do the same whenever dealing with a faceless corporation.  They are the scourge of modern life and exist only to strangle the last pennies for their Overlords.  Continue to grind and eventually you will get justice.

See below....

 

Alpay Kaya

12:08 PM (5 hours ago)
to Nafissatoume
Good afternoon Greg,

Thank you for taking the time to write this email, I am just returning from my trip. I sincerely apologize we failed to deliver the hospitality you deserved. We are in the process of adjusting the fees for your stay and will confirm when this is complete. Thank you again for reaching out and please do not hesitate to contact me if you need assistance with anything else.

Best,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to AlpayNafissatou
Mr. Kaya,

Will this adjustment be in the form of two credits or certificates for the $138 room rate for both of our rooms?  I have run into what could be referred to as a “disconnect” in regards to the details of what my expectation is on compensation.  

Glad to see you have returned from your trip without incident.  I hope the boots are a hit at the office.

All my best,

Greg Miller 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alpay Kaya

5:04 PM (37 minutes ago)
to meNafissatou
Dear Mr Miller,

The adjustment will be in the form of credits for both rooms.  We have contacted Expedia, who’s in the process of reversing both rooms charges to card and charge the hotel.

In addition to that, I would like to offer  you50k Hilton Honors points. Please  kindly provide me your Hilton honors information so that we could process those points.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
to Alpay
Mr. Kaya,

I had not prepaid the rooms, but just used Expedia for the booking.  I used the credit card on file for the room we used and was not charged for the other room we could not check into.  If you could credit my mastercard, issue an $138 Hilton credit voucher and provide the points, we will be square.  Attached please find the Hilton Honors account information.  

Not only are we square, in fact, I will go out of our way to stay at the hotel on our next trip just so we can indulge in the Chesapeake Style wings and perhaps a bottle of Schramsberg Blanc de Noir at Olive's Restaurant.  Perhaps you can join us and we can all compare boots?  Mine are a bit worn, but I believe that this adds character.  You might not agree, but I think it's an apples/oranges issue.

Thanks again for your help.  You're good people.

Greg Miller

1 Comments:

At November 29, 2018 at 3:55:00 PM EST , Blogger Not the Kook said...

Endeavor to persevere!
Chief Dan George.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home