Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Nurse the Hate: Hate Michael Jackson




Does it seem odd to anyone else that after ten years of labeling Michael Jackson a pedophile that it has all been swept under the rug after his death? Each Network is trying to out gush the other on the social impact and import of Jackson, when it seems apparent to even the most casual onlooker that he was a washed up pop star. That was mentally ill. And liked to have inappropriate relationships with young boys.

You would have thought that it was the Kennedy assassination the way the spectacle has unfolded. Al Sharpton, wedging Jessie Jackson out for the coveted “black spiritual leader” role, attempted to build a case that Jackson’s popularity allowed Obama to get elected. Can you imagine if Obama had posed for a picture with Michael Jackson leading up to the election? That’s what you want if you are running for the leader of the free world all right… A nice picture of you standing next to Michael Jackson telling the world, “Yes, I am in favor of slumber parties with young boys and plastic surgery to turn yourself into The Joker!”

If Jackson wasn’t a kazillionaire, he would have been locked up years ago. Remember, he had been in show business since he was a little kid. He knew how to answer interview questions “correctly”. He had to have been coached into answering questions about his relationship with kids like “I love children, and would never have an inappropriate relationship with a child. Due to the degree of my celebrity, people try to misconstrue my relationship with children. I just have the financial resources to allow disadvantaged kids to have a great time at my Ranch under the supervision of their parents or guardians. There’s nothing going on here. It’s outrageous to even suggest it.”

Instead, he’s talking about slumber parties and how much he loves kids. He had the best public relations people in the world working for him, but he couldn’t help himself. He didn’t see anything wrong with what he was doing because he was mentally ill. You don’t pay off millions of dollars to families that had brought allegations of improprieties unless there is some truth to what they are saying. I’ve been at jobs where settlements were reached in sexual harassment cases, and you know what? Every single time the person in question was guilty as hell.

The thing this brings into focus is what America loves more than anything else. America loves celebrity. The way it works in the United States is like this. Step 1: The public makes you a giant star. They can’t get enough of you. You are wonderful. Step 2: The public looks for chinks in the armor. It’s time to tear you down. Step 3: You have been discarded and disgraced. You are the punch line of our jokes. Step 4: The comeback… the sweetest of all steps is The Comeback. It’s when the public fondly remembers why they loved you in the first place, and forgives your sins. (See Spears, Brittany for reference)

This particular Comeback is perfect for The Public as Michael can’t show up and start saying crazy shit. The persona can now be molded exactly how we want it to be for the next week. But look out! Starting late next week, I would look for the start of Step 2. We’re all going to want the ugly details of the past to come out into the harsh light of day. After that we can all ready ourselves for Step 4 and the inevitable Jacksons Tour…

Random Notes: I think we should gather up all the people that gathered at the Staple Center days before the funeral waving homemade signs and bus them out to “re-education camps” in the California desert. This may be a dangerous idea, but I remind you, these are dangerous times… The Steve McNair episode reminds all of us the simple rule of dating. It’s not “Don’t date crazy chicks.” but “Don’t date crazy chicks with guns.”…It’s a real drag that I bought advance tickets to 10 Indians games, and now I have to watch meaningless baseball. How does a team some picked for the World Series end up out of it by Memorial Day? The only good of it has been the windfall of cash in betting against them....Here’s some CDs I would buy if I were you: Ryan Bingham and the Dead Horses “Roadhouse Sun”, and the Tarbox Ramblers (either of ‘em).

10 Comments:

At July 8, 2009 at 5:10:00 PM EDT , Blogger Dating Follies said...

Seriously? I hate the overuse of that word. But seriously? "The Steve McNair episode reminds all of us the simple rule of dating. It’s not “Don’t date crazy chicks.” but “Don’t date crazy chicks with guns.”…

Hold up there Greg. Isn't the simple rule of dating "Don't cheat on your wife" ???

 
At July 9, 2009 at 5:46:00 AM EDT , Blogger Taiwan On said...

Excellent post as usual, Greg. I agree with all of your points about Michael the Martian Death-Mania.

But the thing I can't figure out is that Elvis, The Beatles, and Michael the Martian all had something about themselves that somehow transcended reality. Right time, right place? I dunno. And whatever that thing is, people eat it up and turn a blind eye.

And I agree with Dating Follies. "Don't cheat on your wife" is a simple rule and should be followed.

Here's another rule. Well, not really a rule, but a theory. All women are pyschotic. Prove me wrong.

 
At July 9, 2009 at 9:16:00 AM EDT , Blogger Dating Follies said...

Taiwan On - your theory is most likely correct. We all have a little psychotic in us. I openly admit I have had a "few" crazy moments. Not shoot the boyfriend crazy. More like drive past his house to see if another chick's car is in his drive. Still a little "crazy." With that being said it is the boyfriend/husband/lover who turns that psychotic key. We don't pull out our gat when our girlfriends piss us off. Watch a few episodes of Snapped on Oxygen - every episode involves a dude...

 
At July 9, 2009 at 12:20:00 PM EDT , Blogger AZ Girly said...

I was going to rephrase as simply "Don't date chicks when you're married"

 
At July 9, 2009 at 11:17:00 PM EDT , Blogger Greg Miller said...

Certainly Steve showed some rather poor judgement getting involved with a gal outside his marriage. However, maybe that doesn't warrant that he got shot four times for it, no? As I understand it, Mr. McNair was cutting the woman that shot him loose for yet another woman. If he has all these shenanigans going on, he was either a master of sleight at hand OR he had an "understanding" with Mrs. McNair. Regardless of anyone's relationship status, I still believe a good rule of thumb is "Don't date crazy chicks with guns". There really does not appear to be any upside there. Unless of course you would like to take your lady friend to the gun range on a date... Even then, it doesn't seem like a good idea. Am I wrong here?

 
At July 10, 2009 at 9:34:00 AM EDT , Blogger Dating Follies said...

I try not to date crazy guys with guns. So I suppose I can't argue your rule of thumb. But I also refuse to date a married or otherwise attached man. Clearly, we, the public do not know the whole story and likely never will. However, the tragedy leaves an after taste. Did Steve have an "agreement" with Mrs. McNair? What I want to know is what does that sort of "agreement" look like? I hear of these "open" marriages or relationships, but I can't wrap my head around it. I personally do not like to share. I didn't want to share Danny Quicci in kindergarten, and I don't want to share my man today. Perhaps I am just not that cool. And the crazy chick with the gun couldn't exactly wrap her head around it either. Point being Karma is a bitch.

 
At July 11, 2009 at 2:35:00 PM EDT , Blogger Greg Miller said...

Look, I don't know anything about karma, but I do know that I have always heard that the ladies say there's plenty of Danny Quicci to go around. You should have been less possessive of The Q Man!

 
At August 31, 2009 at 7:16:00 PM EDT , Blogger Unknown said...

wtf
u r such an ignorant idiot
who labeled michael a pedophile
wasn't the media
he was aquitted of all charges u dum fuck stop eating up every little rumor the media throws at u
ignorant asswhole

 
At August 31, 2009 at 7:16:00 PM EDT , Blogger Unknown said...

wtf
u r such an ignorant idiot
who labeled michael a pedophile
wasn't it the media
he was aquitted of all charges u dum fuck
stop eating up every little rumor the media throws at u
ignorant asswhole

 
At October 5, 2009 at 6:23:00 PM EDT , Blogger neenee said...

MJ TOOK THE TIME TO WRITE THIS TO U HATERS THE
LEAST U CAN DO IS READ IT HE HAS A QUESTION FOR
U Dear people, I would like to ask you a
question - the question WHY. Why is there so
much poverty in the world? Why so many wars?
Why so much torture and agony? And why must
children die and innocent suffer? I don't
understand it. Do you understand it?
I want to help. I want to make people happy,
and may it be just for a moment. That is what
gives my life a sense. Don't you understand me?
What did I do that you judge me? Are you really
envious of me? You don't have to. I wouldn't
wish you to be me…Maybe you just want me to

confess my 'guilt':Yes, it is true, I do love

children! But not the way you want it to be. I

love them from the bottom of my heart. Because

children don't make wars. Children have never

hurt me. It makes me happy to look in their

shining eyes. Is it a crime wanting to be happy

and want to make others happy? Many of them who

visit me are
going to die soon, of cancer or other terrible
diseases. I won't let you forbid me through
your arrogance to give them just one happy day!
Yes, it is true that I had plastic surgeries!
Do you know what it feels like?! How often did
I have to wake up in pain! How often I didn't
know what would expect me when I look into the
mirror! How often did I cry when I did it!
Don't you see that I'm punishing myself for
that I cannot cope with my face - and with
myself! Why do you also punish me for it? Yes,
it is true, once I was black! You get darker in
the sun and get admired for that. But I am sick
and you hit me for it. The sun you love so much
can kill me. In former times I loved to be
outside in the light, too, now I can nearly
only go out at night. And you make your fun out
of it. If I hadn't become the Michael Jackson
you know today, then I would also be like that:
I would be a white black with curls and a thick
niggernose for which everybody would tease me.
Well, now you tease me because of my little
nose. Maybe I would already be dead because I
couldn't protect myself so good as I can today.
Would you prefer it when I was dead?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home