Sunday, November 1, 2015

Nurse the Hate: Hate American NFL Futbol



I have no idea what is going on in the US right now.  I haven't had a normal night's sleep in four days.  I am currently typing this out in a German guy's apartment that is located above a bookstore in a commercial area of the city.  He is listening to Kraftwork.  OK, that is a lie.  Still, it is unsettling not to be on my couch getting ready to gamble.  The keyboard is very strange with symbols like € and § and ä on it.  I have the day off from playing rock and roll music, so I might see if there is a Stuttgart Browns Backers club so I can go watch the Browns get pasted by the Cards.  I think it is unlikely such a club exists as the German propensity for technical precision would make them physically ill as the Browns mistakes mounted.  "How is such a penalty possible?" (said in thick German accent)

Just because I am out of touch doesn't mean I can't effectively gamble on these games though.  Actually it will probably help me.  For example, I know Big Ben is coming back for the Steelers.  I'm sure ESPN has been running a non stop montage of highlights of better days in Pittsburgh with the Steelers scampering into the end zone at will.  That is the only explanation I can see as to why the undefeated Cincinnati Bengals are getting a point today.  Yes, I know that the Bengals will lose in the worst spot possible (i.e. when I have money on them).  Still, Roethlesberger couldn't even walk without pain a few days ago.  He likes to be Mr. Big Balls and play through injuries, but he usually isn't all that good when he does.  He hasn't played any football for a month.  I think I will take the team that hasn't lost yet plus one.  Cincinnati +1.

I don't normally bet on terrible teams.  I did last week and it worked.  I am going to give that another whirl.  I am going to take Tampa Bay + 7.5 over Atlanta.  The Falcons are one of those teams with a winning record where upon closer inspection they just timed out playing other teams that were in crisis. Sure, they will probably win today.  They just won't win that big.  Let's hope Winston doesn't throw a couple pick sixes and they hand the ball off to Martin all day.  Tampa Bay +7.5

America is apparently unwilling to accept the Baltimore Ravens are fucking terrible.  That team has so many injuries I received a phone call asking me if I was interested in playing some defensive back.  "Eddie Royal just plain ran right by the Ravens DB...  I have never seen anything like that!  Who is number 29 Miller?  Why did the Ravens think a slow middle aged man would be able to make that play?".   I am all over San Diego +3.5 after their embarrassment last week at the hands of Oakland.  The Ravens will be lucky to suit up 53 guys.

2 Comments:

At November 1, 2015 at 11:46:00 PM EST , Blogger AZ said...

3-0! Looks like you can to another week in Europe and it was nice to see one of the all time betting wins, which is getting more than 7 points in a game that goes into OT.

 
At November 9, 2015 at 3:47:00 PM EST , Blogger Greg Miller said...

I did well yesterday too. I was on Carolina and teased Pittsburgh/Atlanta while sitting in the Lufthansa Lounge. Look out! I'm on a run!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home