Monday, September 26, 2016

Nurse the Hate: My LSU Dreams At Risk






I was really concerned to see that LSU football coach Les Miles got fired.  I had all my eggs in that basket.  As you know, I am following my dream of becoming a Division 1 college athlete, and I don't need any new blood mucking that up for me at LSU.  I don't want any new coach with "new ideas" to suddenly decide my roster spot is up for grabs.  I was already considering a dual major of chemistry and dance.



I am dropping this in the mail this morning to make sure we are all on the same page.  I hope everyone down there is reasonable.

------------------------------------------------------------------


September 25, 2016

Austin Thomas
General Manager
LSU Football
LSU Athletics Administration Building
Baton Rouge, LA 70803


Dear Austin,


It came to my attention this morning that Coach Les Miles was fired after that heartbreaking loss to Auburn.  I was a little surprised that no one called me personally considering my existing and future relationship with the LSU Football Family.  Yet, these scenarios can often be crazy and I will choose to overlook this slight.  Everyone is probably very busy getting our beloved LSU Tiger Football program back on track.


As you probably know, Coach Miles and I had reached what I believed to be a basic understanding that once I clear up my NCAA eligibility status I would join the team with the intention of being the featured punt returner starting in the 2017 season.  Frankly, I wish I could get on the field and contribute now. It’s frustrating watching the guys lose a close one like last Saturday.  I think my blend of “change of pace” speed and field savvy is just what we need to charge up the offense. 


I don’t know to what depth Coach Miles discussed my future role with the squad.  Just so it isn’t a surprise later, I wanted to make it clear that I am a middle aged man with limited football experience.  I graduated from Kent State in 1988, but did not play on the team during my time there, thus retaining my varsity and Heisman eligibility.  My last punt return in uniform was I believe in 1981.  That really shouldn’t be an issue though.  I have been training up to four (4) days a week for at least one (1) hour per session, and at this point have almost fully recovered from a torn meniscus in my right knee.  Don’t worry.  I don’t feel the injury has impacted my “explosiveness”.  I am right now at this moment as good as I have ever been at returning punts.


I was sorry to see Coach Miles go, but please rest assured my loyalties are first and foremost with the LSU Tigers as a whole.  I committed to LSU and I am a man that honors my commitments.  Let the guys in the locker room know I will still be going to battle with them next season.  I look forward to getting down there and putting the work in.  Let’s win a National Championship together next season.


Geaux Tigers,


 


Greg Miller


P.S.  Let the guys know I’m thinking about just buying a house down there instead of renting so I would be open to taking on a couple of roommates.  I want the full college experience.  Maybe someone could put a note on the bulletin board or something.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home