Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Nurse the Hate: Hate The Email Scam



-----Original Message-----
From: Linda Hoffman
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 8:38 AM
To: Greg Miller
Subject: Greetings - Linda!

I hope this mail finds you well. This has had to come in a hurry and has left me in a devastating state. I've had to travel to M. D. Anderson (Special Cancer Treatment Center) in Istanbul, Turkey, to see a relative who is critically ill. She's been diagnosed with (Acute Lymphoblastic) leukemia. The doctor has advised that the only way she can survive is by undergoing a BMT (Bone Marrow Transplant). The chemotherapy treatment she had was going fine until last week when the oncologist (doctor) noticed that the disease had relapsed and the only way she can pull through now is by BMT.

Please, I need your help, it is really urgent. Hope to read from you as soon as you get this email.


Thanks,

Linda.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


From: Miller, Greg
Sent: 27 September 2016 14:33
To: Linda Hoffman
Subject: RE: Greetings - Linda!

This is obviously very upsetting.  What can I do to help?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


From: Linda Hoffman
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 10:27 AM
To: Miller, Greg
Subject: Re: Greetings - Linda!

Thanks for getting back to me, it really has been chaotic since I got here. As I wrote you earlier, my cousin is critically ill and needs family support. She was diagnosed with (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia) - a type of Blood Cancer in 2009 and has been undergoing treatment. Since she flew here there's been an improvement and luckily she's been listed long ago as a recipient and now we've been able to get someone whose marrow matched hers and has agreed to be the donor. We've been in touch with the Turkish Bone Marrow Registry/NHS Cord Blood Bank here in Istanbul as well.

The cost of the operation is €4,205 eur and all that is needed now to balance for the transplant is €970 eur (can't say how much that is in $). But I can not make direct access to my bank account from here as it is a remote area in suburbs of Turkey besides I'm told it would take days for the transfer to be clarified. Paper work and bureaucracy might hinder this development and I can't risk her life over that. Also, the new sim card I registered for here would take about 36-48hrs to be valid, leaving me with minimal access to only emails at the moment.

As it is, I need any form of financial assistance from you. I really don't know your financial status at the moment, but any funds will be accepted with gratitude and paid back after the surgery. I am still making inquiries on how money can be gotten quickly here but from hearsay I think Western Union seems to be the safest. The doctor says all I need do is cash the money with my ID (Passport), which I carry around here. Do let me know if you could be of any help, I will get the necessary details needed in making that sort of transfer. I'll really appreciate this as it needs to be done at the earliest.


Thanks again,
Linda.

Sent from Outlook

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Miller, Greg
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 10:44 AM
To: 'Linda Hoffman'
Subject: RE: Greetings - Linda!

That’s a real bear Linda.  The good news is that I hear those Turkish Bone Marrow folks are absolutely top notch.  You know what they say…  If you need to get your bone marrow cleaned out, get your ass to Istanbul.  I think Keith Richards did that after the Exile Tour.

That operation isn’t cheap.  Rest assured, I have the money, but I’m wondering about your cousin.  I don’t want to put a value on human life, but as you recall your cousin really screwed me over on that chinchilla farm deal.  Remember that?  I gave your cousin ten large with the expectations of 20% profits on that scheme, then the next thing I know your cousin is in Las Vegas banging cocktail waitresses two at a time on my dime.

Let’s say your cousin doesn’t get that operation and, shall we say, expires…  Is that really all bad?  Maybe you spin me 5-10K in life insurance settlement money and we are square.  Don’t be offended Linda.  We’re just talking here. 


Let me know what you’re thinking over there.  It will be between us…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Miller, Greg
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 2:29 PM
To: 'Linda Hoffman'
Subject: RE: Greetings - Linda!

Linda,

What the heck is going on over there?  You didn’t talk about us taking your cousin out did you?  Did you?  I just want to remind you that you are in this with me TOGETHER.  If I’m going down, I’m taking you with me. 

Why don’t you do me a little favor Linda?  Open up the attachment on your email.  You see that?  That’s right Linda.  It’s my cousin Spider.  I just dropped him off at the airport.  He’s on his way to Istanbul right now to track you down and get the $10,000 you owe us.  You better believe he is like a coonhound on a trail when I point him in the right direction.  His first stop?  The Turkish Bone Marrow Registry.  You hear that Linda?  It’s Spider!  Spider’s comin!

P.S.  If you have just been at the hospital and not had a chance to respond to email yet, please disregard this message.  I will try to call Spider off.  Sorry for the mixup.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home