Sunday, December 3, 2023

Nurse the Hate: MW Training Action and NFL Week 13

 


It's been a big weekend of MW training as I have been staring down flights of obscure wines that no one in America would order under any circumstances.  Perhaps I am being too presumptuous and maybe you were also trying to figure out if the white wine in your glass was a Grosse Gerwachs Rheingau made in an uncompromising dry style.  I don't really know what you do with your weekends.  Me?  I'm writing at length trying to justify why the tannic structure in some big asskicker red wine is cabernet sauvignon from Argentina.  It wasn't by the way.  It was tannat.  But let's get past all this and focus in on what is happening after I finish my mock exam this morning.

I have watched Philadelphia win game after game pulling it out of their asses late.  There is NO WAY they should have beaten Buffalo last week, especially since Buffalo ran 97 offensive plays in the five full quarters that game went last Sunday.  My thought is that if teams get banged up playing a full game, playing 1.25 games is even worse.  It's certainly not an ideal situation when having to play what appears to be the best team coming to your place in a revenge spot.  If Philadelphia wins here, it's hard to imagine them not winning it all.  It's just a horrible spot for them.  San Francisco -3.

Kansas City is the best team in the AFC I guess?  I don't know though.  They keep winning despite not looking very impressive.  Public perception is that the Chiefs are this offensive juggernaut but that offense is Patrick Mahomes, 34 year old Kelce and a bunch of guys.  I think that the Packers are making the move from "the Packers suck" to "the Packers are sorta OK".  Don't get me wrong, the Chiefs will somehow win the game, but Green Bay at home in December should be able to hang around.  Green Bay +6

Washington is about as low as they can be in Public Perception after getting their asses kicked while everyone looked on during Thanksgiving.  Ron Rivera is a Dead Man Walking, and Washington's players must be looking at the schedule thinking "Fuck, when is this going to be over?".  In theory, this is the perfect time to bet on Washington, when everyone else wouldn't dare.  I just can't do it though.  I can't.  This is probably a mistake.  I am going to go into this thinking the embarrassment by the defensive unit results in max effort today.  I'll take the overrated Miami offense and Washington to go Under 49.5.

Season Record:  17-19-1

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home