Thursday, August 13, 2009

Nurse the Hate: Hate the Tricky Grounder




I was scanning the sports info looking for some kind of edge in tomorrow's action. It was then I saw on the injury list the most horrifying injury I have ever seen on a baseball transactions list. Sure, I've seen guys hit in the eye socket. That probably doesn't feel good. I was sitting in Tropicana Field next to a creepy cracker divorcee woman that was trying to lure me back to her cinderblock hut when James Baldwin got hit with a line drive in the chest. It sounded like a sledgehammer hitting meat. Was it bad? Yes. Was it as bad as the one I read about minutes ago? Not even close.

How about when Joe Theisman has his leg snapped by LT on Monday night football? Hell, I saw that from 5 different angles in slow-mo. That still wasn't as bad as the injury I saw described in the IR today. Are you ready?

Adrian Beltre: 15 day DL Severely contused right testicle

Ye Gods! Can you imagine getting hit in the Boys bad enough that you couldn't go to work for over 2 weeks? Wow... That's not good. There must be ice packs, morphine, and prone positions in bed for him. Wow...

3 Comments:

At August 14, 2009 at 9:14:00 AM EDT , Blogger Ken Miller said...

From the Seattle Times:
"There was some tearing of the testicle and apparently is some internal bleeding in there. The team is going to wait a bit to see whether he requires surgery."

"Tearing" sounds pretty awful.

 
At August 16, 2009 at 10:23:00 PM EDT , Blogger Greg Miller said...

"Tearing" is something I associate with a newspaper or tissue...not my testicle.

 
At August 17, 2009 at 8:29:00 AM EDT , Blogger AZ said...

Agreed, as I type this all bunched up in "the" position. Not sure why there is waffling about surgery. Never heard of a cracked nut, uncracking itself.

When I come to see you boys in two weeks, have to make sure mom puts away the now, medieval looking torture device, aka "boys" crackers. Pun intended.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home