Saturday, September 26, 2009

Nurse the Hate: College Football Saturday




It's a rainy Saturday in NE Ohio, and that can mean only one thing; non stop college football. With my Direct TV package, I get approximately 147 college football games going off simultaneously. It can be overwhelming, so I tend to focus on just a few of the games. Which games? Games that have the pagaentry I look for in an exciting intercollegiate athletic event. Games that display the true spirit of competition. Games like Fresno State vs Cincinnati where Cincinnati is 7-1 straight up, but only 1-7 ATS when favored by 8 points or more. Perhaps I might also watch LSU at MIssissippi State where LSU is 10-2 ATS in their past 12 vs Mississippi St. That SEC football sure is entertaining!

If the rain lets up, I might just take a drive to Kent this evening to soak up the atmosphere when Kent State, who is 1-6 straight up at home in their past 7 vs Miami, play host to the Redskins. (Oh yeah, they aren't the Redskins anymore as that isn't PC. What are they now? The Red Wave or some such shit? I wonder where that old Indian costume is now...)

If the weather doesn't hold up, I will probably stay home and enjoy the ABC broadcast of Penn State vs Iowa. It's great to see Joe Paterno still running the show in Happy Valley, especially when Iowa comes in 6-1 straight up in their past 7 vs Penn State. It should add to the drama knowing that Penn State is 1-4 against the spread in their past 5 at home to Iowa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home